Monday, March 3, 2014

My own Kwek-kwek

Probably, one of the reasons why I've gained weight is because I am fond of eating kwek-kwek. It is a variation of tokneneng that is made with quail eggs.. Wondering what is it? It is a tempura-like Filipino street food made by deep-frying orange batter covered hard-boiled eggs.


When I was still in Mangagoy, me and my friends always go out at night and always eat kwek-kwek. I've been from Mangagoy for almost one year now. And one night, I missed the kwek-kwek and my friends, so I decided to make my own version of kwek-kwek.

Ingredients:
Boiled eggs
Vinegar
Salt
Chili powder
Sliced cucumber

Procedures:
1.) Cook the eggs by boiling them.
2.) Peel the eggs.
3.) Slice the eggs.
4.) Put a little vinegar, the eggs, sliced cucumber in a bowl.
5.) Add salt and chili powder to taste.

This is my own recipe. Hehehe! You wonder why mine looks different from the kwek-kwek you see in the sidewalk. Click here to know about the exact recipe.

14 comments:

KM said...

sarap nito, marie! makikian nga ako sayo minsan :)

Rocket Rob said...

Hey Marie, you can make a batch of Kwek-kwek for us when I come visit you, ok?
Thanks its looks great!

Nova said...

this looks good, while reading the recipe i started to have a watering mouth...this looks yummy, like you i like kwek-kwek too

Dhemz said...

oh I see! I don't think I had kwek2x before. Sounds yummy though!

SarahG said...

My husband is fond of eating kwek-kwek. I prefer hard boiled eggs and pinoy.

Lainy said...

This looks so yum, Marie! But for sure it's not only kwek kwek that you eat and caused you to balloon? Kawawa naman ang kwek-kwek napagbintangan, LOL!

Tingting Rimart said...

I like eggs and prepare it like the way you do but with tomatoes though.

MaryJane Tauyan said...

wow!you got me craving with that kwek! kwek! i probably make one tonight while watching a movie!

Pinx JL said...

I have not ever eaten Kwek-Kwek ever and would really love to try them someday.

Rcel said...

I have always heard of kwek-kwek but have never tried it yet. ever! Now I am even more curious about it! :D

Jessica Cassidy said...

Sis Marie, that looks very delicious especially that it is chilly here. I cannot wait to try your cooking if we meet someday :-)

Jonas Labagala said...

I'm not sure about this recipe if I'm gonna love it or not but I would love to try!

I miss eating kwek-kwek! :D

Shengkay said...

im not fan of street food not because its dirty or what coz i really dont care, hehee...hindi lang talaga ako palakain ng street food....except...yes...except hot cake! yes i love street hot cake! but would love to try this,

Juliana said...

Napagbintangan ang kwek kwek hahaha.

Not a fan of street food but sometimes I have a craving for the famous ones. Having said that, I've never tasted kwek kwek all my life. Pag nagbakasyon ako dyan sa PInas, I will make sure to try it.