Saturday, January 4, 2014

What To Do with Bread Leftovers

Happy new year guys! How was your New Year celebration? Did you have many leftovers? We have... bread leftovers that is. I don't like throwing leftovers away because, it feels like wasting money.

To be able to save almost 6 packs of sliced breads, I was forced to buy an oven toaster as what my mother told me so.

The saved sliced/loaf bread :)

I got this Hanabishi HO-43 oven toaster for only Php. 679.00 at the mall. And here's how this oven toaster looks like:

After toasting, the bread is toasted (of course), sweeter, tastier and gone in our table in less than one minute. Here's what I used to save these loaf breads:

  • The breads itself
  • Margarine
  • White or brown sugar
  • and the oven toaster

13 comments:

FX777222999 said...

Yes, leftover bread can be made for a lot of different ideas for meals and other ingredient for cooking.

Joy said...

i make pudding out of bread leftovers :)

Mhonai said...

i turn my left over bread to croutons for soup or salad:)

Nova said...

oh that toaster will be a big use for you, now you'll have a toast.

Josiet said...

I so love toasted bread! I haven't eaten a toasted bread with sugar in a long time. Will make one this afternoon and pair it with coffee. Thanks for the idea :)

MaryJane Tauyan said...

very nice idea! my husband always toast them and pour a whole can of baked beans and eat it! haha

betchai said...

i usually make pudding from bread left overs, i forgot i could make a biscocho too, or super toasted bread like what you did :)

juliana said...

You can also make french toast. A day old or more bread is perfect for this. Just soak bread in a mixture of beaten eggs with milk and cinnamon. Toast in a frying pan, and serve with butter and maple syrup. Promise, you'll love it. :-)

Ria C said...

You can make pudding and croutons out of left over breads. I like making croutons out of them so I can add them in my salad and soup.

papaleng said...

Very good idea. Left over bread can be made to tasty 'machacao'.

Chubskulit Rose said...

You can also make bread pizzeria with h it hehehe. Just add some sauce and cheese and other toppings and voila, instant snack.

Rcel said...

Oven toasters are sure a great thing for leftover breads! I super miss Pinas style of those loaf bread! :)

Unknown said...

I used to do that a lot when I was a kid! LOL! I miss toasting bread for breakfast!